Econers Club 2018 is a 3-month structured career development programme targeted to year 1 and year 2 (as of Fall 2018), ECON, ECOF and MAEC students. The programme will provide an exclusive opportunity to potential highfliers to kickstart their career planning. Ultimately, to develop the participant be a very competitive candidate for internships and full-time Management Trainee / Management Associate programs.
The programme is structured to develop young business students in every useful aspects for the business world. There will be trainings in, for example, Wine Tasting, Practical Interview skills (with mock interviews), General Knowledge of Banking and Businesses, Essential Economics and Financial Knowledge and Skills, Excel and VBA for Workplace, Industry or Company Specific Knowledges, etc.
All trainings will be conducted by industry professionals, professors, alumnus, or senior students who have extensive experience in that field.
Top performers in the programme may receive internship referrals.
$80 including $50 deposit (refundable upon successful completion)
- Application Period: September 2018
- October – December 2018: On-going Trainings
Expected Intake: 30-50 (adjustable)
- Either freshman year or sophomore year student in HKUST (as of Fall 2018)
- Preferably majoring in ECON, ECOF or MAEC (Students from other majors or undeclared major will also be considered)
- (For year 2 students) On track to attain a minimum CGA/GGA of 2.500 whichever is higher
- Ready to commit fully throughout the entire programme
Please do not use HKUST e-mail which may regard our emails as spam mail.
Participants shall complete all core trainings and complete at least 1 elective training to graduate